The new part of Cooking Mama will introduce blockchain on consoles
The publisher of Planet Digital Partners announced that their first game – reboot of the well-known cooking brand – “Cooking Mama: Coming Home to Mama” will introduce blockchain technology integration on consoles for the first time.
The gaming world is a gigantic market
Video games have become one of the most popular ways of spending free time among the current generation. The Cooking Mama brand debuted in 2006, selling over 20 million copies to date, earning over $600 million. As one of the three games Digital Planet is working on, the title was financed from digital preference shares. The company plans to democratize funding for investors, who will own equity for the first time in console games portfolio.
“Gaming is a $ 135 billion industry that has few investment opportunities outside of large public game publishers. We are using blockchain to add new innovative gameplay that investors can now have equity in,” said Steve Grossman, president of Planet Digital Partners. “Putting aspects of Cooking Mama on-chain will take the user experience to a whole new level, reinvigorate a popular game franchise that many grew up with and give investors an opportunity to make handsome returns, through a digital preferred share offering.”
Blockchain enters the game
Blockchain integration in “Cooking Mama: Coming Home to Mama” will consist of several elements:
- Unique Blockchain private keys – Each purchased copy of the game will have a unique identifier that can be managed directly through the internal memory of the game wallet. Players will be able to focus on the experience of Cooking Mama, not on managing cryptographic keys.
- Balanced DRM with a private key – traditional DRM limits the ability to copy games, and private keys in blockchain protocols allow easy registration. This combination provides better proof of ownership for legitimate game owners, while also allowing them to resell the title both digitally and at traditional retail outlets.
- Improved multiplayer experience thanks to double expression – when this feature is enabled, each copy of the game becomes subtle and personal to the user. Uses the private key to change the algorithms for character expression, ingredients and cooking methods.
- Securing events online – For promotional events, you can track player enrollment and participation, while maintaining privacy. In addition, hashes of the running game are tracked to make sure that the game has not been changed to gain an unfair advantage.
- Digital assets, rewards, recognition – Users will be rewarded with in-game currency (or points, experience and other items) or gain recognition and certifications. These may be games, other players or third parties that organize tournaments or other promotions.
What do you think about blockchain integration into the gaming world? Does such a solution, with DRM and content tailored to the player satisfy you and want to see more titles of this type?